Call for Videos
©RichLegg / stock.adobe.com
The International Advisory Council on Global Bioeconomy (IAC) is looking for creative start-ups, large-scale established companies and publicly funded research programs that want to present their work in the bioeconomy during the virtual Global Bioeconomy Summit 2020 in form of a short video clip.
What’s the aim of the call?
The objective of this call is to showcase the variety of bioeconomy businesses and publicly funded research programs around the world.
What are the benefits?
Selected applicants will be given the opportunity to present their project, product or process to the world bioeconomy community.
Who can apply?
Start-ups, large-scale established companies, and project leaders of publicly funded research programs.
Please indicate to which of the three categories your submission belongs to.
The applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements
- The applying company/project must have a strong relation to the bioeconomy.
- Max. video length is 3 minutes.
- The videos must not exceed a size of 500 MB.
- They must have a resolution of at least 1080p.
- The video language has to be English.
- The videos must be uploaded to https://owncloud.biocom.de/index.php/s/nIbuUx1XuAhJzHK
- With the submission you confirm to have the right to use all the picture, audio and video material shown in the video.
All applications received will be evaluated by a jury. The jury is composed of the IAC Steering Group:
- Joachim von Braun – Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn
- Julius Ecuru – International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe)
- Yoshiyuki Fujishima – New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), Japan
- Christine Lang – MBCC Group – Consulting and Coaching in Microbiotics and Bioeconomy
- Yin Li – Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Elspeth MacRae – Scion, New Zealand
- Mary Maxon – Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Murray MacLaughlin – Government’s Industrial Bioproducts Value Chain Roundtable, Canada
- Marcelo Regunaga – Group of Producing Countries from the Southern Cone
- Morakot Tanticharoen – National Science and Technology Development Agency Thailand (NSTDA)
- Peter Wehrheim – European Commission
The jury will select 3 – 5 videos per category. The jury strives for a broad variety of bioeconomy fields from around the globe.
Applicants are asked to provide an email with their contact details.
Jury decisions will be final. Candidates will be contacted by e-mail.
Applications will be judged based on the following criteria
- formal requirements (mentioned above)
- relevance for bioeconomy
- published for the first time
- Submission: Candidates may submit only one application. They will be asked to submit an email with contact details to email@example.com. The video must be separately uploaded on https://owncloud.biocom.de/index.php/s/nIbuUx1XuAhJzHK. A contact person must be identified in the video, too. Submission language is English.
- Deadline: All entries must be submitted by 9 October 2020.
- Format: Entries can be submitted in the following format: mp4.